[This is preliminary documentation and is subject to change.]
Sets a random value into the object property associated with this Property.
- obj (Persistent)
- The object whose property is to be set.
- random (Random)
- a Random used for generating the value.
- index (Int32)
- The index of the object in its collection, or -1 if the object is not in a collection
- includeMemberName (Boolean)
- If true, the display name of text properties is included at the end of the property.
Assembly: Persistate (Module: Persistate) Version: 0.6.1.20 (0.6.1.20)
This method is used by Persistent.WriteTestData as part of the scheme to create a set of test objects for an application. For numerical and DateTime properties, it seta a random value between the defined bounds of the property if there are any, otherwise between the data type's minimum and maximum values. For text properties it sets a value comprising two 3 letter sequences followed by the index if supplied followed by the property's FriendlyName if requested.